Zadara Accelerates SQL Server Database Migration to the CloudDecember 2, 2019
In another example of how it simplifies enterprise storage in a hybrid world, Zadara Storage Inc. today announced a new solution that enables enterprises to migrate SQL Server database apps to the cloud – in a phased manner. This week at AWS re:Invent in Las Vegas, Zadara will highlight the new offering along with all the features of its fully-managed, hybrid cloud storage platform.
High availability (HA) is imperative to a well-architected SQL Server environment and modernizing business-critical applications. While Microsoft SQL Server Enterprise Edition provides a mechanism for doing so, it is costly for organizations that only need its HA features. But according to hybrid cloud storage leader Zadara, it doesn’t have to be this way. Zadara’s service offering allows users to meet their high-availability requirements using SQL Standard Edition within the AWS environment – providing them with the ability to maintain HA without the cost of SQL Enterprise Edition. In addition, applications can be migrated to AWS without any code changes.
“Our newest offering is the latest example of Zadara’s ability to deliver real business value,” said Oded Kellner, vice president, product management at Zadara. “We are helping customers navigate the hidden risks and unnecessary expenses that have plagued so many SQL Server migrations to public clouds – with greater reliability, faster performance and increased security capabilities.”
Key Enterprise NAS and SAN Features:
- All flash, flash-cached hard disk and hard disk only storage arrays
- NAS file (NFS, SMB with full Active Directory integration) and iSCSI block interfaces
- Multi-level redundancy (nodes, network, controllers, data paths, etc.)
- Every virtual storage array (VPSA) has dedicated resources
Key Enterprise Storage Capabilities:
- Full support for Windows Server Failover Cluster (WSFC)
- Simultaneous data presentation across availability zones, regions and clouds
- VSS snapshots for application consistent copies
- Zero copy instant clones
- Snapshot-based replication and migration
- Thin provisioning
- Deduplication and compression
- AES-256 bit encryption at-rest and in-flight
- User-managed encryption keys
- Native backup to Amazon S3
In addition to highlighting its STaaS platform at AWS re:Invent, Zadara will conduct 5-minute presentations every half-hour in its booth (#2629) detailing how companies can add enterprise storage to AWS. Zadara will also speak in the Veeam booth (#3007) about strategies for streamlining multi-tier backup. Zadara’s hybrid cloud storage platform is available on AWS, Azure and Google Cloud Platform. For more information about Zadara’s solutions, please visit www.zadara.com.