What to Choose? Azure, AWS or Google Cloud!January 10, 2020
Written by Anji Velagana
Before we are going to “What to choose?” first, let us know what is “Cloud Computing” and “How it is useful?.”
Cloud computing is the term referred to anything that involves host services delivered over the internet. Those services include storage, networking, analytics, servers, databases, etc., Cloud computing can also be defined as providing computing power (Network Speeds, CPU, Storage OS) over a network.
Example: Azure, AWS, Google Cloud
Nowadays, with an increase in mobile and computer users, data storage has become a significant factor in all the fields. Both small and large scale industries are spending huge money on maintaining the data, which leads to having a storage hub. All the business industries can’t invest huge money in back up support services. So, cloud computing came into existence which is very cheap. Later on, with the efficiency in storing data, cloud computing attracts even large scale business industries.
The following are a few reasons why businesses industries choose cloud computing:
- Increase in convenience and flexibility
- Reduction in management issues
Increase in convenience and flexibility:
Cloud computing allows users to become more flexible. Users can access the files by using web-enabled devices like laptops, smartphones, and notebooks. It increases the ability to share data and documents over the internet. It can support both external and internal collaboration.
Reduction in management issues:
Usually, cloud computation solutions billed on the go, which leads to the management and budgetary issues. Cloud service platforms can minimize those issues.
Depending on the IT requirements, cloud computing can quickly maximize the magnitude of any operation. Nowadays, many organizations are depending on managed data centres because of the scalability nature in cloud computing. In the data centres, the experts are trained in scaling.
Microsoft Azure, AWS and Google Cloud are the primary cloud servers. The features of each cloud service are quite different from the others. It will be beneficial if a person took Azure training which leads to acquiring good knowledge in cloud computing. Let’s discuss each cloud server.
Microsoft Azure was formerly known as the Windows Azure. It is a public cloud platform for Microsoft. It provides cloud services, including analytics, computing, networking, and storage. Azure service is good at providing the best answers. Affordable pricing, Flexible billing, and host certifications are the main features of Azure.
- Azure ranks top in the cloud application development and testing tools. There is no way to go wrong with Microsoft Azure in terms of testing everything from Digital Marketing to Business SaaS applications, IoT devices to mobile apps, and so on.
- Azure can offer Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS). When compared to other service platforms, Azure Certification is the best in offering PaaS.
- Microsoft Azure cloud computing keeps the data very secured. It doesn’t share with any third-party cloud servers.
- As Azure is a Microsoft product, it has the flexibility to integrate with other products of Microsoft (System centre, Windows server, and Active Directory) well.
- AKS (Azure Kubernetes Service) helps to deploy and manage the Kubernetes cluster. As a hosted Kubernetes Certification service, it is very easy for Azure to handle difficult tasks like health monitoring.
- One of the drawbacks in Azure is its power outages. It doesn’t have restoration facilities and backup facilities.
- The capabilities of Azure is still painful to the other Microsoft environments as Azure supports windows in some cases. This is the worst scenario that it has instead of considering cloud technology universal nature.
Amazon Web Services (AWS):
Amazon Web Service referred to as the topmost web service provider in terms of usage. Apart from the offering of content delivery networks to the Internet of Things, AWS came across using hundreds of templates and six payment modes in every programming language.
- AWS is a very enterprise-friendly service that is very scalable and flexible. There is no other replacement for AWS in high-computational services.
- As per the logo of AWS, it can provide A to Z services in cloud computing. Users trust AWS because of the elements that it has like management policies, configuration options, and reliable security.
- Autoscaling is the process in which the server farm computational resources can be measured in terms of active servers. Autoscaling is an asset for AWS and it a dream for many developers to autoscaling.
- The hybrid structure of Amazon Web Service is a drawback. Hybrid cloud can integrate private cloud with the third-party, public cloud. In most of the cases, the solutions of third-party give improper results.
- Users must require some knowledge about handling different issues regarding cloud computing while using Amazon Web Services. It is not a user-friendly service.
The public cloud computing platform that is offered by Google is referred to as Google Cloud. It includes many hosted services for storage, Google hardware development, and computing. This platform can be accessed by cloud administrators, software developers, and IT enterprise professionals through the internet. Unlike the other cloud services, Google charges on exact usage. Instead of bills per hour, it charges bills per minute. The service quality is not disruptive in the Google cloud that makes it the most favourite for the developers.
- Every developer admires Google cloud because of its features. There is no competition for this platform as the properties of data analytic tools considered.
- Google cloud provides the serverless services in which Google itself maintains the resources of the server. This improves CDN and reduces data lag.
- It can also provide auto-scaling. It has the flexibility to create custom machines as per the requirements and convenience. The capabilities of sheer processing and scalability in the Google cloud platform is overwhelming.
- In spite of having many advantages, the Google cloud platform still provides fewer services when we speak about cloud computing solutions.
- In some of the places in Asia, Europe, South America, and Africa, the Google cloud server coverage is inferior.
There are a lot of factors to be considered in choosing a cloud computing platform. The first thing is the division of data- what to choose and what data to keep after the sorting of data migration. In the case of migration, resource handling and organizational standards should be changed as well. The criteria for choosing Microsoft Azure, AWS, or Google cloud can be varied depending upon the various factors like cost, speed, flexibility, scalability, and so on. Depending upon the cloud service specifications and their business requirements, the organizations choose cloud computing platforms.
About the Author
Anji Velagana, a graduate in Electronics and Communication Engineering from Jawaharlal Technological University, Kakinada. He is currently working as a Digital Marketing Analyst and Content Contributor for Mindmajix. He writes about various platforms like Data Science, Servicenow, Business analysis, Performance testing, Microsoft Azure, SaltStack, and a few other courses. Contact him via email@example.com.