Veritas Enters New Government-wide Cloud Data Management Agreement for the U.S. General Services AdministrationSeptember 12, 2018
Veritas Technologies has entered into a government-wide agreement for the U.S. General Services Administration (GSA) to provide federal agencies with data governance and cloud data management software.
Under the agreement, government agencies will have access to Veritas data protection and cloud solutions at negotiated prices to allow for improved data management. The agreement is derived from the GSA IT Schedule 70 and fully supports the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA) Enhancement Program.
The agreement brings Veritas’ award-winning enterprise data management portfolio to all eligible federal, state, local and tribal government agencies. These agencies can build upon the data protection foundation of Veritas NetBackup and add additional data management capabilities to accelerate their cloud initiatives. Some of the initial offerings include:
- Veritas Data Insight helps organizations improve unstructured data governance to reduce costs, risk and achieve compliance through actionable intelligence into data ownership, usage and access controls.
- Veritas eDiscovery Platform provides governments with the ultimate analysis toolkit for isolating relevant legal, regulatory and investigative items, revealing context and prioritizing what is most important, using a single application.
- Veritas InfoScale helps federal IT teams better protect information and applications across physical and virtual infrastructures. InfoScale minimizes downtime by providing high availability and disaster recovery over any distance for critical business services, including individual databases, custom applications and complex multitier applications across physical, virtual and cloud environments.
- Veritas Enterprise Vault, when offered as a solution with a FedRAMP authorized Software-as-a Service (SaaS) cloud service from bluesource (known as EV247), frees agencies from the overhead of owning, running or managing email and file archives. The EV247 solution is powered by the world’s leading archiving technology from Veritas. It is a cloud platform, software archiving solution and managed service all in one.
- Veritas 360 Data Management provides agencies the ability to transform their data to address the challenges of end-to-end data management by data visibility, compliance readiness, business continuity, data protection and recoverability. It accomplishes all of these goal while maintaining data/workload portability and storage optimization.
"The IT Schedule 70 FITARA Enhancement Program will provide government agencies with greater flexibility in accessing the innovative software solutions they need at a better value to taxpayers," said Alan Thomas, GSA Federal Acquisition Service (FAS) Commissioner. "Providing these solutions through a government-wide, enterprise-level contract is a great way to reduce duplication in our procurement process."