Uila extends Out-of-box End-to-end Application-centric Mapping to Citrix VDI environmentsApril 24, 2020
Uila Inc., the Application-centric Performance & Cyber Threat Analytics company for the Hybrid Enterprise, today announced that it has further extended its unique Application Dependency Mapping capabilities to automatically map out the entire Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) from end-to-end for Citrix XenDesktop deployments.
With this new v3.4 release, Desktop teams now have end-to-end visibility into the different tiers of the entire VDI environment, across the two-industry leading Virtual Desktop Platforms, VMware Horizon® and Citrix XenDesktop. Last month, Uila announced similar automated support for the VMware Horizon platform.
“Uila is revolutionizing the way Virtual Desktop monitoring is performed in the modern Data Center. Legacy solutions that desktop teams have used and struggled with, are now a thing of the past”, says Chia-Chee Kuan, CEO and Founder for Uila. “Starting from our Agentless approach and the ability of classifying more than 3,500 applications running in the desktop environment, Uila continues to lead the VDI monitoring space with this desktop to application server end-to-end visibility to allow desktop administrators pin-point the true reason for an outage or slowdown directly on the VDI environment and beyond.”
Other highlights of the 3.4 release include:
- Automated end-to-end visibility Dependency Mapping for leading Database applications such as Oracle and MS-SQL.
- Server (VM) Down status visualization: Users can now visualize the Up/Down status of all servers in their environment directly from the Dashboard.
- Resource Monitoring for Physical servers without agents or packet forwarding: Users can now monitor Compute and Storage resources for Physical servers directly, without the installation of any agents or packet forwarding.
- Reduce Notification fatigue for alerts: Uila has made 2 significant changes here to reduce the notification fatigue plaguing IT teams.
- Notifications on the same server are combined together in a single notification within the alarm generation window of 15 min.
- Notifications can be enabled to be sent to specific individuals for different service groups.
- Enable Process Monitoring on multiple servers: Users can now enable process level monitoring on multiple servers simultaneously.
- New Application and Protocol Supported: Support for over 35 new application and protocol classification including Google Messages, Google Pay, Wireguard VPN, Ethereum, etc.
- Alerting on application transactions with no response: Identify situations in which applications could be stuck in a mode where there is no response to a malformed query or query with an unrealistic request.
- Download reports without opening it within the application.
- Many more…
The new capabilities are available as part of Uila’s solution today and IT teams can put this capability to the test by signing up for a complimentary trial from https://www.uila.com/uila-free-trial.