StarWind and Wasabi Hot Cloud Storage launch joint solution to ensure secure hybrid storage for backups and data recoveryJanuary 22, 2019
StarWind, a leading provider of hyperconverged IT infrastructure for SMB and ROBO, and Wasabi, the hot cloud storage company, announce the launch of a joint solution for a secure hybrid storage and quick recovery of company’s backups and archives.
StarWind Storage Gateway for Wasabi helps organizations to ensure regulatory compliance in regard to their important business data safety. The solution allows accelerating backup and recovery processes by integrating on-premises backup infrastructure into a cloud object storage. StarWind Storage Gateway for Wasabi combines StarWind Virtual Tape Library (VTL) installed on site and Wasabi hot cloud storage resulting in secure backups transition to the cloud. StarWind VTL is compatible with leading backup vendors including Veeam, IBM, Microsoft System Center, and uses industry-standard storage protocols, like iSCSI, for safe data transfer into Wasabi. Compared to traditional LTO, this solution is more cost-efficient, times more scalable and less labor intensive. Furthermore, data recovery becomes a matter of just a few clicks.
Key benefits of StarWind Storage Gateway for Wasabi include:
- Simplicity: seamless integration into existing backup infrastructure. Companies don’t need to change their current backup and archival processes.
- Reliability: automated backup process and secure storing in the cloud. Once uploaded to the cloud, the data becomes immutable to ransomware and malicious or erroneous actions.
- Recovery: fast disaster recovery. Restore processes become a matter of few clicks.
- Scalability: extra storage space is added on demand. IT managers don’t need to provision storage to grow into it.
- Cost: instantly accessible hybrid storage pool at bargain price. The solution requires minimal investment and becomes even more cost-efficient as a company grows.