NAKIVO Releases v8.5 with Support for Nutanix AHVMay 7, 2019
NAKIVO, Inc., a fast-growing software company delivering data protection and site recovery solutions, announced today the release of NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5. To mark its 25th software release, NAKIVO is offering a limited-time 10% discount on a 3-year Enterprise subscription license.
NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 has added:
- Nutanix AHV Support: In addition to supporting VMware, Hyper-V, and AWS EC2 environments, NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 can now protect Nutanix Acropolis-based infrastructures. By using a single pane of glass, customers can perform application-aware, image-based, incremental backup across VMware, Hyper-V, Amazon EC2, and Nutanix AHV environments.
- Per-machine subscription licensing: Customers can now purchase a per-machine annual subscription for NAKIVO Backup & Replication at an unprecedented price starting at just $17 per machine/year. A machine is a VMware VM, Hyper-V VM, or a Nutanix AHV VM. The new licensing model removes vendor lock-in and enables customers to switch between virtualization platforms without extra backup fees or license changes.
- Replication From Backup: Advanced data protection strategies require creating both backups of critical VMs for long-term data retention, and replicas of the same VMs for instant disaster recovery. Performing both VM backup and replication for the same VM doubles the load put on your production environment. NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 can create VM replicas from existing VM backups, eliminating the need to read the same data twice from the source VM. Such VM replication jobs can be chained to a backup job and run automatically every time a backup is created.
- Ransomware-Proof Mini Backup Appliance Based on Raspberry Pi: Given that it is exceptionally lightweight, NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 can be installed on Raspberry Pi devices, thus creating a portable yet fully-functional backup appliance, which can be configured to be ransomware-proof.
- Software-Defined Backup Appliance Based on FreeNAS: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 can be installed on the FreeNAS operating system. By deploying NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 on FreeNAS, customers can turn a NAS server into a cost-effective, hardware-agnostic backup appliance with industry-leading data protection and site recovery capabilities.
- Auto-Update: NAKIVO Backup & Replication can be updated to the latest version in just a few clicks directly from the web interface.
- Windows Server 2019 Support: NAKIVO Backup & Replication v8.5 stays up to date with industry releases and can be installed on Microsoft Windows Server 2019.
are excited to introduce support for Nutanix AHV to our customers,”
said Bruce Talley, CEO of NAKIVO Inc. “With the new per-machine
subscription licensing, we are delivering one of the most feature-rich,
flexible, and cost-effective solutions available on the market.”