Juniper Networks Simplifies Cloud Transition for Enterprises with Carrier-Grade Routing and Unified Security for AWS MarketplaceNovember 30, 2016
Juniper Networks, an industry leader in automated, scalable and secure networks, today announced that the latest versions of its industry leading virtual routing and security platforms, Juniper Networks vMX and vSRX Virtual Firewall, are now available in the AWS Marketplace. Operating similar to their physical counterparts, the vMX and vSRX platforms will enable enterprises to flexibly deploy carrier-grade routing and firewall functions at the click of a button. Customers will have the option to purchase services on-demand via an annual or hourly subscription directly from the AWS Marketplace, or from Juniper Networks through a Bring Your Own License (BYOL) model.
The benefits of running workloads in the cloud are well documented, yet the actual migration and implementation of a cloud strategy still pose challenges for enterprises with an established IT infrastructure. According to research conducted in 2016 by IHS Markit, a world leader in supplying critical information, analytics and solutions for major industries and markets, 53 percent of enterprise respondents in North America cite data security as the top barrier to adopting off-premises cloud security technologies, indicating the need for faster, more scalable virtual software solutions for securely routing or migrating workloads between private and public clouds.
In order to ease the challenges of workload migration and simplify the experience of using virtual private cloud services, Juniper Networks vMX and vSRX licenses on AWS Marketplace match the features and functionality of on-premises deployments of MX and SRX platforms. The virtual routing and security platforms are seamlessly integrated into AWS and are completely manageable through a single point, delivering the performance, management and scalability customers have come to expect from Juniper Networks, while at the same time, greatly simplifying policy enforcement and network operations for hybrid cloud deployments.
- Seamless Security: Juniper Networks vSRX, the industry’s fastest virtual firewall, allows customers to extend their existing on-premises security architecture into their cloud environment and can unify the entire architecture using the Software-Defined Secure Network (SDSN) platform. vSRX is designed to protect business-critical assets not only in Amazon’s Virtual Private Cloud (VPC), but also on-premises or in private cloud environments by delivering consistent security policy across all properties, along with the capability to update policies dynamically as needed.
- Automated Routing Capabilities: Juniper Networks vMX provides carrier-grade virtual routing functionality equal to its physical counterpart, the MX Series 3D Universal Edge Router. Routing with the vMX automates multi-region deployments, provides high availability for on-premises workloads with automated failover, and streamlines service development agility.
- Availability: Free trial and BYOL versions of vMX and vSRX are available now, with hourly and annual subscription pricing to be available in Q1 2017.
Juniper Networks will be showcasing vMX and vSRX in Booth #634 at AWS re:Invent taking place November 28 – December 2 in Las Vegas.
"As customers migrate and deploy mission-critical workloads on AWS, they want the same level of comprehensive security found in physical datacenters without increasing complexity. Our customers want solutions like Juniper Networks’ vSRX and vMX, which are available on AWS Marketplace for immediate purchase and deployment. By listing its product on AWS Marketplace, Juniper Networks is enabling organizations to extend on-premises security policies to AWS, ensuring that their data is protected as they take full advantage of the scalability and agility of AWS."
– Barry Russell, GM of Global Business Development, AWS Marketplace and Catalog Services at Amazon Web Services, Inc.
"Security is of utmost concern to enterprises as more and more mission-critical workloads and applications are being transitioned to the cloud. We’ve seen a number of organizations in a range of industries, from retail to banking, suffer damage to their brand reputation as a result of security breaches. In a recent IHS Markit report, enterprise respondents indicated security was the top barrier to adopting off-premises cloud services. This will certainly drive the need for virtual firewalls to be easily accessible through availability in cloud service provider (CSP) application stores, such as AWS Marketplace, making this an imperative for vendors."
– Cliff Grossner, Ph.D., senior research director for data center, cloud and SDN at IHS Markit
"As a leader in network innovation, Juniper keenly understands the important role of software in the cloud. In essence, while hardware serves as the bedrock for any IT environment, the software holds the key to unlocking unprecedented levels of business agility. In today’s dynamic, global business world, customers need unprecedented levels of flexibility to capitalize on the cloud promise — this is the primary reason behind introducing full-featured virtual versions of our industry leading MX and SRX Series platforms. The inclusion of vMX and vSRX in the AWS Marketplace is a testament to the industry’s growing demand for high-performance, secure software solutions."
– Paul Obsitnik, vice president of Portfolio Marketing at Juniper Networks