IT Resilience Everywhere: Zerto 8.0 Expands Data Protection and Recovery Capabilities Across On-Premises and Cloud and Announces Partnership with Google CloudMarch 25, 2020
Zerto, an industry leader for IT resilience, announced the general availability of Zerto 8.0, expanding disaster recovery, data protection, and mobility for hybrid and multi-cloud environments with strategic partners. Zerto 8.0 introduces new integration with Google Cloud, deeper integrations with Azure, AWS public cloud platforms, and new innovations with VMware.
“With Zerto 8.0, our mission is to deliver IT resilience everywhere, by introducing a range of new and powerful features along with deeper integration with market-leading public cloud providers. We give customers the protection they want, wherever they need it,” explained Ziv Kedem, CEO of Zerto. “Zerto has been moving the dial on resilience for the past decade, and the ongoing development and wider integration of our platform shows the importance of technology leadership in an era where businesses can never stand still on data protection and recovery.”
Zerto 8.0 brings unrivalled data protection and mobility for hybrid, multi-cloud environments with a range of new, innovative features and capabilities:
- New support for Google Cloud by bringingits leading Continuous Data Protection (CDP) technology to Google Cloud’s VMware-as-a-Service offering. Zerto 8.0 willsupport VMware on Google Cloud, enabling users to protect and migrate native VMware workloads in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) with Zerto’s leading RTOs, RPOs and workload mobility.
- New cost savings, operational efficiencies and visibility with support for VMware vSphere Virtual Volumes (vVols).
- Expanded VMware vCloud Director (vCD) connection with Zerto’s self-service recovery portal for Managed Service Providers (MSP).
- Deeper integration with Microsoft Azure for increased simplicity and scalability of large deployments, which includes support for Microsoft Hyper-V Gen 2 VMs, users leveraging UEFI for VMs running in their on-premises environments can now use Microsoft Azure as a target for disaster recovery, without a need to convert the VMs to legacy formats.
- AWS Storage Gateway to be used as a target site for inexpensive and efficient cloud archive and data protection.
- New data protection capabilities, extending the value of Virtual Protection Groups (VPGs) to data protection, delivering application consistency from seconds to years.
- A single pane of glass for data protection reporting with status performance and capacity reporting of protected workloads.
- Zerto’s failback functionality as part of the cost-effective incremental snapshots of Azure managed disks is now available across ALL regions.
- New unified alert management with prioritized views of critical alerts and customization for users to receive the alerts exactly when needed for critical operations.
- New impact analysis capability to mitigate risk to an organization’s protected and unprotected environment for on-premises or cloud.
- New resource planning view of Unprotected VM’s for better insight into an organizations’ unprotected VMs.
- Additional features to automate and streamline the processes
for failover and configuration in the public cloud with automated OS
configuration, automatic failback configuration and more.
Additionally, Zerto 8.0 lays the foundation for the future of data protection, replacing traditional snapshot-based backup with low RPO journal-based “operational recovery,” enabling enterprises to perform day-to-day granular recovery quickly.
“We’re excited to partner with Zerto and to integrate its capabilities in disaster recovery and backup with Google Cloud,” said Manvinder Singh, Director, Partnerships at Google Cloud. “Zerto’s expertise in supporting and securing VMware workloads in the cloud will be a benefit to organizations that are increasingly running mission-critical workloads on Google Cloud.”
“Zerto support for VMware Virtual Volumes (vVols) helps our mutual customers protect their digital infrastructure,” said Lee Caswell, VP Marketing, HCI BU, VMware. “As an Advanced tier Technology Alliance Partner, Zerto is helping customers realize the unique VMware ability to offer consistent storage policy-based management across traditional storage and hyperconverged infrastructure.”
“At Coyote, the security and protection of our customers’ data is our top priority,” said Brian Work, Chief Technology Officer, Coyote. “We take every precaution to keep their information safe, and our work with Zerto is a perfect example of this. Our mutual focus on data protection allows us to offer our customers the innovative tech solutions they need with the security they require.”
Learn more about Zerto 8.0 here: https://www.zerto.com/zerto-8-0-general-availability/