DXC Technology Announces Service Offerings for Microsoft Azure to Enable Digital Transformation in a Hybrid Cloud EnvironmentSeptember 27, 2017
DXC Technology announced new application and managed service offerings for Microsoft Azure and Azure Stack that provide a wide range of services to accelerate and efficiently scale digital strategies across both public and private clouds.
"Enterprises and public sector clients are facing increasing business pressures and regulatory changes that are accelerating the need for flexible, scalable cloud solutions," said Dan Hushon, senior vice president, chief technology officer, DXC Technology. "They need to optimize operations and performance across platforms to decrease costs and increase agility – all while maintaining compliance.
"The services we’re announcing today help clients with their Microsoft Azure strategies by providing the specialized tools, methods and skills needed to build, modernize, transform and migrate applications," Hushon continued. "They demonstrate commitment to strengthen our relationship with Microsoft to deliver services for Azure that empower enterprises to thrive in today’s dynamic business landscape."
The announcement was made at Microsoft Envision 2017 and builds on a 30-year collaboration between DXC and Microsoft.
The new DXC offerings that enable enterprises to harness the power of digital transformation in a hybrid cloud environment include:
Application Services for Azure – A new set of application services designed specifically to enable and accelerate an organization’s safe adoption at scale for both Azure and Azure Stack. The offerings feature solution sets, with new DXC IP, that support enterprises when transforming and migrating applications to run on Azure. In addition to these new services, DXC’s application development and testing services now extend polyglot microservices design and engineering to the Azure cloud platform through the Azure Container Service. This new capability enables clients to modernize legacy .NET and Windows applications for digital applications requirements.
Application Services for Azure include:
- Migration Plus+ – A service that will migrate applications, beyond the scope of automated mass migration tools, to Azure targets such as Azure Virtual Machines, containers, databases, web applications or cloud services;
- DXC Azure Migration QuickStarts – A fixed-scope offering specifically designed to help organizations plan, pilot and test – before they invest – with zero disruption, minimal risk and maximum business benefit; and
- Microsoft SharePoint on Azure – A service to migrate SharePoint, IBM® Notes® and Microsoft Access forms.
Analytics Offerings on Azure – New analytics intelligence services, built on Azure and designed for the digital economy, accelerate turning data into intelligent action by using Microsoft technologies Microsoft Power BI and Microsoft Azure Machine Learning.
The offerings include:
- Social Media Intelligence integrates real-time social media insights into the enterprise to drive new forms of insight previously not available;
- Customer Analytics provides predictive buying insights to help businesses retain and attract customers;
- Predictive Maintenance delivers predictive-maintenance analytics to resolve equipment failures before they occur;
- Data Workload Migration identifies, prioritizes and transforms data workloads for Microsoft Azure; and
- Analytics Platform on Demand expands the analytics platform with Azure to provide proven and scalable enterprise-grade analytics and APIs.
DXC Services on Azure for SAP – New SAP services, built on Azure and designed for the digital economy, support enterprises when transforming and migrating SAP and S/4HANA to run on Azure.
The SAP services are:
- Business Outcome Services Management on Azure provides organizations with a fully automated SAP Run support service and reduces application management costs by approximately 40 percent;
- SHAPE Services on Azure provides the business case and detailed plan that migrates organizations today while providing a future-proof roadmap for growing businesses;
- S/4HANA QuickStarts (March 2018) will provide a pre-configured S/4HANA solution with proofs of concept specific to vertical industries, as well as demos, enabling "quick start" S/4HANA implementations; and
- Azure Migration QuickStarts provides a simplified pathway for moving SAP ERP computing workloads to Azure.
DXC Managed Services for Azure – Extends DXC’s offering for Azure with a hybrid cloud solution based on the Azure Stack. The new offering provides organizations with a consistent and flexible platform for enterprise workloads which extends the Azure cloud platform to on-premises infrastructure. DXC Managed Services for Azure creates an accelerated and simplified path for clients to realize the benefits from the flexible consumption model and agility of a hybrid Azure cloud infrastructure based on public cloud, or from Azure deployed to DXC data centers or client-owned data centers. Additionally, the managed services offer clients cost-savings, operational control and governance.
"With DXC Technology’s new application and managed service offerings for Microsoft Azure and Microsoft Azure Stack, organizations can benefit from the agility and fast-paced innovation to build and deploy modern applications across both cloud and on-premises environments," said Mike Neil, corporate vice president, Azure Infrastructure and Management, Microsoft Corp. "These DXC hybrid cloud services for Azure and Azure Stack offer flexibility and control to accelerate and simplify the path for organizations on their digital transformation journeys."