Cyxtera Brings On-Demand, Fully Managed Cloud Services to Enterprises with Zadara zComputeSeptember 29, 2021
Zadara announced that it has expanded its technology partnership with Cyxtera. Zadara’s enterprise-grade, expert managed cloud services – including compute, storage and networking – are now available to Cyxtera customers. Together, the two companies are enabling customers to upgrade their IT environments, leveraging existing footprints, with a true 100% OpEx consumption-based private cloud.
In a partnership that began spring of last year, Zadara’s fully managed storage-as-a-service has been available in Cyxtera’s 61 highly connected, hybrid-ready data centers worldwide. Now, as a natural extension of the partnership, Zadara’s zCompute has been added to the Cyxtera product portfolio. zCompute delivers a seamless on-demand cloud experience available in Cyxtera data centers, built and managed by Zadara.
“As a competitive alternative to public cloud solutions, with the flexibility to choose private or public deployments, zCompute compliments our Enterprise Bare Metal offering and our digital exchange fabric which allows us to offer a complete on-demand cloud solution,” said Cyxtera’s Russell Cozart, Cyxtera’s Senior Vice President of Marketing & Product Strategy. “Customers can scale up and down as their business needs change, without incurring the risk and capital expenditures and with the support of a fully-managed service. We are very excited about this expanded partnership and welcome the opportunity to speak with our existing and prospective customers about how Cyxtera and Zadara can positively impact their business landscape.”
Zadara’s cloud services platform simplifies operational complexity through automated end-to-end infrastructure provisioning of compute, storage and networking resources. Following a similar model as Zadara’s industry-leading storage-as-a-service offering, the company’s cloud platform delivers superior turnkey solutions with the benefits of on-demand compute and storage services anywhere, in an existing on-premises data center, in a private colocation facility, or in the cloud.
zCompute features include:
- Flexible Consumption Model: Enterprise-grade, high-performance elastic cloud services, with zero CapEx cost burden. Avoid large investments in infrastructure, scale up or down as needed and only pay for what is consumed.
- Elastic Compute Down to a Single Virtual Machine: Self-service instant-provisioning that scales down to well below the starting price and scale of competing cloud solutions.
- On-Demand Cloud from Cyxtera: Leverage Cyxtera data centers, digital exchange fabric, and infrastructure to deliver low-latency cloud services on-demand.
- Workload Performance: Deliver a familiar, high-performance, agile x86 compatible cloud compute experience, with DevOps automation, in existing locations with zero CapEx or refresh costs.
- Data Privacy and Security: Includes click-to-provision options for dedicated storage resources for customers requiring physical isolation for drives and storage controller level.
- Expert 24x7x365 Services: Fully managed support from Zadara’s global solution architect and DevOps teams.
“By investing in our flexible, on-demand services and extending their commitment to the as-a-service model, Cyxtera is opening the door for its customers to scale as their business demands,” said Nelson Nahum, CEO and co-founder of Zadara. “With Zadara, Cyxtera customers get all of the technical functionality they require – without the cost and complexity of owning and managing storage and compute infrastructure.”
Zadara’s zCompute is now available in Cyxtera data centers in North America, including Dallas and Minneapolis, and will soon be expanded to other North American locations and the UK.