Zenoss Launches Next-Generation SaaS Platform for Intelligent IT Operations ManagementJune 25, 2018
Zenoss Inc. announced Zenoss Cloud, the intelligent IT operations management platform. The company’s next-generation cloud-native offering enables companies to eliminate IT outages and optimize cloud and on-premises systems as they undergo digital transformation, a business requirement for the survival of most companies across all industries.
Vendors across many segments have long endeavored to help prevent IT service outages and improve overall IT performance. These vendors have taken different approaches, including infrastructure monitoring, artificial intelligence operations (AIOps), log analytics, and more. Some approaches collect performance data from systems directly, some rely on events, some rely on logs, while others rely on data sent from agents. Zenoss Cloud represents the first platform that encompasses all of these approaches.
Key to successfully achieving this strategy was developing the unique ability to collect and analyze all types of structured and unstructured data in the same context – widely considered the holy grail of IT operations management. Zenoss Cloud introduces the first operations data plane that streams and normalizes all machine data, uniquely enabling this emergence of context for preventing IT service disruptions in complex, modern environments.
"The ability to capture and contextualize machine data is becoming increasingly crucial to identifying and solving performance problems," said Nancy Gohring, senior analyst at 451 Research. "This capability only grows in importance for businesses that need to manage the insane complexity of modern IT environments."
Zenoss Cloud enables businesses to:
- Eliminate the risk associated with accelerating digital transformation
- Support new business models
- Transition IT to event-driven outcomes
- Apply consistent monitoring policies across all cloud and on-premises systems
- Evolve from availability and performance to capacity and optimization
- Deliver management as a service (MaaS) for DevOps
- Streamline across teams with collaboration workflows (ChatOps)
- Drive new efficiencies with Smart View, the ML-powered intelligent, dynamic user interface
"The Zenoss Smart View is a great tool for troubleshooting that will save us tangible time and money," said Jay Stanley, Senior Systems Engineer, Insights. "Smart View enables you to rewind to any point in a series of events and see the time and values for all relevant IT service components."
Zenoss Cloud is powered by the cutting-edge Google Cloud Platform (GCP), leveraging the most powerful machine learning and real-time analytics of streaming data to give you virtually infinite scale and the ability to adapt to the changing needs of your business. All components of the GCP are also FedRamp certified, with security built in at the chip level, delivering a best-in-industry security posture.
Key Zenoss Cloud features:
- Collection and contextual analytics for all data types including metrics, model data, events, logs, agent data, application performance data, network performance data, and ad hoc data
- Virtually unlimited scale including streaming and analytics capacity for machine data volumes and number of systems that can be monitored
- Powerful machine learning capabilities to automate issue root cause, helping to predict and eliminate IT outages for cloud, on-prem and hybrid environments
- Unmatched 99.9975% reduction in alert noise and false positives, immediately isolating actionable events and eliminating fatigue
- Management of dynamic environments driven by ephemeral systems like containers and microservices, with out of box support for Docker, Kubernetes and more
- Seamless integration with other ITOM technologies to accelerate and automate resolution
- Industry-leading, built-in security at the chip level
- Continuous innovation and enhancements through a true multi-tenant cloud platform
"Zenoss Cloud is the most important product release in Zenoss history. Our customer-driven approach showed us a clear path – that the most critical elements of our next-generation IT solution must provide intelligence, simplicity and scale," said Greg Stock, chairman and CEO of Zenoss. "Above all else, these three concepts are essential to manage the challenge of modern IT environments for both enterprises and service providers. With the Zenoss Cloud intelligent IT operations management platform, we are delivering on our vision of software-defined IT operations."