Veeam and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Expand Partnership, as Customers Embrace XaaS and Kubernetes Data ProtectionJune 28, 2021
Veeam Software announced it has won the Hewlett-Packard Enterprise (HPE) Ezmeral Software Momentum MarketplacePartner of the Year 2021 for Modern Data Protection solutions growth and leadership. The award recognizes Veeam within the HPE partner ecosystem and underscores the continued momentum of Veeam Availability Suite v11 and Kasten K10 solutions being integrated with HPE Storage offerings and HPE GreenLake cloud services.
“This award is testament to our partnership with HPE, and another proof point of how organizations are turning to Veeam for the most advanced Modern Data Protection solutions for cloud, virtual, SaaS, Kubernetes and physical workloads,” said Jim Kruger, Chief Marketing Officer at Veeam. “More and more customers across the globe, including Havmor, Datev, Alpha Bank, Invado and Agnitio, are realizing the true value of the combined benefits of industry-leading technologies from both Veeam and HPE.”
“The partnership between Veeam and HPE helps our end users reduce downtime, increase agility and help achieve digital transformation,” said Jim Jackson, Chief Marketing Officer, Hewlett Packard Enterprise. “Together, we deliver better data availability, streamlined IT operations, reduced risk of data loss, and significant financial and competitive benefits for customers.”
Announced during HPE Discover 2021, the award represents one of several significant milestones in the expansion and success of the Veeam and HPE relationship. To continue exceeding customer outcomes and expectations, several new partnership capabilities have been added:
- The joint HPE GreenLake and Veeam offering has continued to evolve and provides customers with a robust “as-a-service” experience. This enables HPE GreenLake and Veeam deliver an end to end “as-a-service” experience with a platform for Modern Data Protection that reflects customers’ evolving desire for the cloud experience. This also empowers organizations to streamline their data transformation agenda, with the safeguards of backup and replication. Through HPE GreenLake, Veeam’s Universal License (VUL) brings the portable license and pricing into total harmony.
- With the recent announcement of Veeam Backup & Replication v11, Veeam introduced faster backup and restores with asynchronous snapshot replication support for HPE Primera mission-critical storage, driving Catalyst Copy improvements for HPE StoreOnce and HPE Cloud Volumes Backup, and enabling the fastest ever Veeam all-in-one backup platform performance when using the HPE Apollo 4510 Gen10 System. HPE Engineering has seen doubling of performance through testing of this optimized V11 code with HPE Apollo.
- Kasten K10 by Veeam, now available from HPE, enables enterprises to confidently run and protect cloud-native applications on Kubernetes, across private, hybrid, and multi-cloud environments. HPE Ezmeral Container Platform applications can also be seamlessly recovered and redeployed across clusters and sites to facilitate effective disaster recovery strategies.
- The new Veeam Universal Storage API plug-ins for both the HPE XP Platform and HPE SimpliVity will provide storage snapshot integration, enabling customers to realize faster and more frequent backup and replication of VMware vSphere VMs without any performance impact on production workloads, driving efficiencies and lowering costs in data safeguarding strategies.
- HPE North America is now a Veeam Accredited Services Partner (VASP), which strengthens HPE’s capabilities to sell, deploy and support Veeam solutions, and ensures enterprises realize satisfaction through HPE PointNext Advisory and Professional Services.
“The HPE Ezmeral Container Platform and Kasten by Veeam partnership ensures customers can build solutions in repeatable patterns across a wide array of Kubernetes ecosystems, and be confident that deployed workloads are perfectly protected and recoverable due to unforeseen events. Kasten K10 is designed from the ground up to run natively in Kubernetes and yields much better returns in scale, security, and manageability than other traditional data management tools.” – Gaurav Rishi, VP of Product at Kasten by Veeam