Threat Stack Releases 451 Research Pathfinder Report: Refocusing Security Operations in the Cloud EraJuly 2, 2018
Threat Stack announced the publication of the 451 Research Pathfinder Report: Refocusing Security Operations in the Cloud Era. The Pathfinder Report, commissioned by Threat Stack, provides specific and actionable guidance for IT, DevOps, and security teams as they adapt to the increased adoption of public cloud, DevOps practices, and modern infrastructure like containers.
As organizations continue to adopt public cloud and drive towards digital transformation initiatives, many will shift towards a DevOps culture that values agility and flexibility in the development process. The 451 Research Pathfinder Report cautions that it can be easy to overlook security during this transition and provides security guidance for organizations with an IT infrastructure in transition.
451 Research Findings
- 36% of businesses said their top IT goal over the next year was to respond to business needs faster while 24% said it was to cut costs
- Only 21% of respondents think that the majority of their workloads will reside in legacy on-premises IT environments by 2020
- Of organizations that did not have the internal security skill sets required to secure a hosted cloud architecture:
- 44% plan to train existing staff to learn new skills
- 41% plan to utilize contractors and consultants
- 36% plan to utilize services from the cloud provider
451 Research Pathfinder Report Excerpt
"It is well understood that security must be maintained constantly, regardless of underlying technology, outsourcing relationships, or regulatory regime. Organizations that can deliver security results in an efficient – and highly automated – manner will be able to support the agility that their core business and the modern threat environment demand."
The Threat Stack Cloud SecOps Program is a co-managed series of services powered by the Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform that is designed to support DevOps and security teams as they integrate security and operations. Using a proprietary framework, Threat Stack Engineers work with customers within the context of their unique environment to reduce risk and increase efficiency throughout their cloud infrastructure.
"With the rapid adoption of hosted cloud infrastructure and the drive towards digital transformation, it’s clear that DevOps is here to stay," said Brian M. Ahern, CEO, Threat Stack. "Threat Stack’s mission is to ensure that security and DevOps can work together without slowing down the speed of business."