Red Hat Pairs Enterprise-Grade Kubernetes with Massively-Scalable Cloud Infrastructure in Latest Version of Red Hat Cloud SuiteJune 29, 2017
Red Hat, Inc., the world’s leading provider of open source solutions, today announced the availability of the latest version of Red Hat Cloud Suite. As cloud-native, containerized applications grow in importance to CIOs focused on enterprise digital transformation, IT infrastructure and management technologies need to adapt to the unique needs posed by modern applications, while still maintaining existing systems. Red Hat Cloud Suite enables organizations to more easily build cloud-native applications, deploy them and manage these workloads through a single offering, helping businesses to modernize without sacrificing existing IT infrastructure investments.
Launched in April 2016, Red Hat’s broadest hybrid cloud offering, Red Hat Cloud Suite provides an end-to-end, deployment-ready solution for enterprise digital transformation. Key to digital transformation are Linux containers, which can help enterprises across industries become more nimble and better respond to evolving customer and competitive needs.
Built on the backbone of the world’s leading enterprise Linux platform, Red Hat Cloud Suite addresses the drive towards digital transformation and adoption of Linux containers by bringing together Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, the company’s enterprise-grade container application platform, with massively scalable infrastructure provided by Red Hat OpenStack Platform and Red Hat Virtualization. Along with Red Hat CloudForms for hybrid and multi-cloud management, Red Hat Cloud Suite offers a unified, pre-integrated solution for enterprises seeking to advance Linux containers from the developer workstation to mission-critical deployments at cloud-scale for a more digitally-transformed enterprise.
The latest version of Red Hat Cloud Suite
The latest version of Red Hat Cloud Suite adds key new features and enhancements, including:
- Enterprise-grade Kubernetes – As a component of Red Hat Cloud Suite, the latest version of Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform delivers a comprehensive, enterprise-grade Kubernetes-based container application platform. Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform supports the creation of next-generation cloud-native applications while simultaneously supporting existing workloads, including those requiring stateful resources.
- Red Hat CloudForms with Ansible automation – Highlighting Red Hat’s automation-based approach to multi-cloud management is the integration of Ansible automation into Red Hat CloudForms. This makes Red Hat CloudForms easier to deploy across an organization and increases the depth and breadth of management automation.
- Composable OpenStack services -For Red Hat Cloud Suite clouds built on Red Hat OpenStack Platform, users can now compose precisely where they want each of their services to run, helping to improve operating efficiency by allowing the scaling and management of specific services as needed rather than all services at once.
- Flexible, powerful virtualization capabilities – The latest version of Red Hat Virtualization enables users to deploy a "thin" hypervisor by default or layer on additional software and services as needed to address unique use cases. Virtualization administration has also been improved with the addition of Cockpit for greater insights into virtualized environments and workloads.
Digital transformation with hybrid cloud solutions
On Thursday, June 29, 2017, Red Hat will host a virtual event featuring experts, industry thought leaders and market innovators to explore how Linux containers, scalable infrastructure and cloud management can act in concert to accelerate the digital transformation journey. Attendees will hear about market trends related to and the pain points addressed by hybrid cloud solutions during keynotes from:
- Lars Herrmann, general manager, Integrated Solutions, Red Hat
- Alan Grantham, vice president, Architecture and Technology, Forsythe Hosting Solutions
- Gary Chen, research manager, Software Defined Compute, IDC
Following the keynotes, breakout sessions will dive more deeply into topics including modern application development, cloud infrastructure and IT optimization. Attend or watch a playback of the digital transformation event.