Rackspace and Switch Join Forces to Deliver Digital Transformation Services to Customers in Switch’s Tier 5 Platinum Data CenterApril 2, 2018
Switch and Rackspace today announced a new agreement to deliver Rackspace private cloud solutions and connectivity to managed public cloud solutions on AWS, Azure and Google in Switch’s highly secure and reliable Tier 5 Platinum data center PRIME locations. The agreement builds on Rackspace’s Fanatical Everywhere and Pay-As-You-Go Private Cloud services that allow customers to run private clouds in any data center, with a consumption and billing model similar to that for public clouds.
Switch and Rackspace customers will receive multiple benefits including:
- The Industry’s Top-Rated Data Centers – Switch’s Tier 5 platinum data centers not only encompass the resiliency and redundancy in other data center ratings systems, but also evaluate more than 30 additional key elements, such as long-term power system capabilities, the number of available carriers, and 100-percent use of renewable energy.
- On-Demand Private Cloud Solutions – Customers will have access to Rackspace private cloud solutions which provide customers with unparalleled flexibility using an on-demand delivery model that can be hosted in Switch’s Tier 5 data centers.
- Global Cloud Connections – RackConnect, Switch SUPERLOOP and Public Cloud On-Ramps enable customers to connect with low latency to Rackspace’s managed solutions on the leading public clouds, combining the security of traditional colocation with the flexibility of the cloud.
- Enhanced Security – By combining Rackspace Managed Security (RMS) solutions and Switch’s Tier 5 Platinum data centers, customers can attain unparalleled physical and cyber security to protect workloads across their various IT environments.
- Management of Data and Applications – Rackspace provides managed services for the leading databases, enterprise applications in the Oracle and SAP ecosystems, and applications for ecommerce, digital marketing, and web content management.
"We see customers running more and more applications, and increasingly complex ones, on multiple IT platforms," said Rackspace CEO Joe Eazor. "As part of a customer’s digital transformation, they are asking us for hybrid solutions delivered as a service in their corporate data centers or in colocation facilities like the highly secure Tier 5® Platinum data centers that Switch operates. We’re excited that our collaboration will enable Rackspace and Switch to serve that customer need."
"Today, we are making it easier for customers with complex needs to have highly secure, reliable, and easy-to-use solutions," said Switch founder and CEO Rob Roy. "Rackspace offers a holistic IT portfolio across managed public clouds, private clouds, and managed data, applications and security. It pulls together technology in a way that no other company can, and it does so wherever it makes the most sense for the customer. We’re looking forward to helping customers navigate their digital transformation journey together."