Nexenta Announces Enterprise File Services-based Software Defined Storage for Multi Cloud EnvironmentsAugust 23, 2018
Nexenta announced enterprise support and availability of a virtual deployed storage appliance, enabling enterprises to expand their hyper-converged infrastructure, applications, and workload flexibility. In tandem with this comes the latest versions of their leading storage software solutions, adding functionality to further accelerate their support for today’s enterprises in private, public, hybrid, and multi clouds.
The newest version of Nexenta’s full-featured software-defined storage (SDS) for enterprise applications, NexentaStor 5.1.2, offers the ultimate flexibility. This virtual machine deployment model of the award-winning NexentaStor unified storage software provides secure enterprise file services for hyper-converged appliance users as well as VMware users with traditional block only storage arrays without any additional hardware purchase. The use of the virtual storage appliance augments the already industry-leading hardware compatibility list for bare metal installations of NexentaStor.
Some examples for optimizing the combination of NexentaStor and HCI include:
- User Directories & Profiles – for VDI on HCI, adding NexentaStor enables you to add rich NAS capabilities to your server-based infrastructure without any additional hardware.
- Branch Office Consolidation – NexentaStor uses scheduled replication to a central office or public cloud hosted repository for an excellent combination of local user file access and centralized protection.
- Backup – Adding NexentaStor to HCI enables customers to consolidate more workloads and make full use of available hardware resources by providing the NAS interface needed for backup applications.
- Line of Business Applications – Linux and Windows applications migrated to HCI often come with requirements for NFS and SMB file services with strong security and user access controls, making NexentaStor VSA a perfect complement for Enterprise applications on HCI.
- Regulatory Compliance – Increased security of PI data through data at rest encryption regardless of the encrypt-ability of the underlying HCI or traditional Storage
"NexentaStor VSA on Hyper-converged infrastructure adds mature and proven enterprise NAS file services without requiring any incremental hardware and eliminates the need to purchase a separate hardware appliance," explains Thomas Cornely, Chief Product Officer. "Our software-only, storage solution features a rich feature set including unlimited snapshots and clones, inline data reduction, thin provisioning and remote replication to any other NexentaStor or NexentaCloud in AWS instance."
To support the growing need for public and hybrid cloud infrastructures, Nexenta’s latest product NexentaCloud in Amazon Web Services (AWS) allows enterprises to run their core business applications, which utilize file and block storage native to AWS, while fully integrating with on-premises solutions. Offering enterprise-class features such concurrent NFS and SMB file sharing with strong ACLs and Active-Directory integration, snapshots, cloning, data compression and remote replication, NexentaCloud in AWS delivers a comprehensive data storage solution that supports business-critical functions including business continuity and self-service test/development.
Nexenta brings these solutions together under a comprehensive and modern storage framework NexentaFusion, a centralized management and analytics product. NexentaFusion 1.2 provides simplified scaling and management through a single pane for reporting, monitoring, analytics, and orchestration for your storage assets. Now working in tandem with Amazon Web Services API, the new release enables customers through the NexentaFusion UI to quickly provision new instances of NexentaCloud in AWS. Through the "One-Click" deployment model customers can select performance type and capacity and let NexentaFusion automatically take care of provisioning NexentaCloud in AWS.
To trial the latest version of Nexenta’s complete SDS portfolio for free visit, https://nexenta.com/downloads.