HyTrust Announces Enhanced Security Solutions for VMware Cloud Provider Program PartnersSeptember 13, 2017
HyTrust, a leader in workload security solutions, today made moves to broaden security and compliance offerings for VMware Cloud Provider Program Partners with further integration of HyTrust solutions and VMware vCloud Director (vCD). This enhanced offering builds on HyTrust’s existing integration with NSX and vCenter with the ability to include discrete vCloud Director driven workload encryption for vCloud Director tenants. The solution utilizes Intel Xeon processors hardware-based security technologies to address the current needs of VMware Cloud Provider Program Partners who are committed to providing secure and regulatory compliant cloud offerings to their customers. Demonstrations of this technology will be exhibited at the VMworld 2017 Europe in Barcelona.
As customers move to public and hybrid cloud environments, VMware Cloud Provider Program Partners must ensure a level of data security that allows them to achieve scale efficiencies and to operate in today’s round-the-clock business environment. HyTrust, leveraging Intel technology, delivers critical partner services through regulatory compliance automation, unplanned outage prevention, data breach prevention across clouds and the enablement of new partner revenue streams, such as: Data Sovereignty, Data Geo-Fencing-As-A-Service, and Compliant Cloud Services.
With the new VMware vCloud Director for Service Provider integration, HyTrust provides a level of security and trust that enables the following:
Private and Hybrid Cloud Enforcement
Paired with HyTrust CloudControl, VMware SDDC allows VMware Cloud Provider Program Partners to offer high quality secure service to their customers including:
- Bolstering authentication, enforcing policies and creating a separation of duties for a more secure system
- Two-factor authentication and root password vaulting
- Automated templates for PCI, NIST, FISMA, FIPS, HIPAA, SOX and FedRamp to enforce best practices and compliant configurations
Data Encryption Across Clouds
HyTrust DataControl encryption, hardware accelerated by Intel AES-NI, VMware Cloud Provider Program Partners can provide secure multi-cloud environments:
- Intel® Data Protection Technology with AES-NI and Secure Key protects customer data in use, at rest and in motion, to as workloads move across clouds.
- Supports multi-cloud environments and can encrypt VMware, Hyper-V or KVM VMs, offering zero-downtime encryption and dynamic re-key.
- Privately owned keys and served from the customer’s or CSP’s own key management server — never from a public cloud vendor.
- HyTrust KeyControl key management is validated and ‘VMware Ready’ certified to serve keys for vSphere 6.5 VM encryption and vSAN 6.6 encryption.
Data/Geo-Fencing for Data Sovereignty
Leveraging Intel technology, HyTrust DataControl enforces boundaries by enforcing controls for workload execution. HyTrust solutions provide a simple way to geo-fence and assure that critical workloads only execute on specific physical servers in specific data centers or private cloud locations.
Audit and Compliance Readiness
With increasing focus on security and data privacy, especially with GDPR taking effect in May 2018 — partners run the risk of losing potential business if they don’t embrace new regulations and change their security strategy to ensure compliance. With HyTrust, partners will be able to provide readiness dashboards, audit-quality reports, security alerts, hypervisor hardening and auto-remediation for policy enforcement for their vSphere managed cloud environments.
"HyTrust is excited to become a member of the VMware Cloud Provider Partner Program," said Eric Chiu, president and founder of HyTrust. "HyTrust’s longstanding partnership with VMware and our unique workload security platform makes us an ideal partner for VMware CSPs to create and enforce security policies to enable secure and compliant cloud solutions for their customers." — Eric Chiu, Founder and President, HyTrust