Electric Imp Delivers High-Performance Integration With Microsoft Azure IoT HubAugust 7, 2017
The integration with Azure IoT Hub enables Electric Imp’s customers to use Microsoft’s storage and advanced data analytics, while simplifying the setup and management of highly scalable, secure communications between the edge and cloud.
The Electric Imp Platform, already deployed on over a million devices, includes:
- Independent security certification, including status as the only IoT platform certified to UL® 2900-2-2 (Standard for Software Cybersecurity for Network-Connectable Devices, Part 2-2: Particular Requirements for Industrial Control Systems)
- Fail-safe OTA upgrades of both operating system and application, with comprehensive device and operations management
- Cloud middleware to address varied real-world use cases and enterprise integrations
- Widely available pre-provisioned modules, enabling easy device manufacturing
- Public and private cloud options
The Electric Imp Platform integration with Azure IoT Hub is based on the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP), enabling advanced IoT solutions for users that require commercial- and industrial-scale custom edge processing and data integration capabilities.
"We built our integration to virtually eliminate the complexities of deploying, commissioning, securing and managing IoT devices at scale for Microsoft Azure IoT Hub deployments," said Hugo Fiennes, Electric Imp CEO. "We’re very pleased that customers can now focus on capturing and using their valuable business data instead of worrying about overcoming the constantly-changing challenges of first mile connectivity and security."
Sam George, Director, Microsoft Azure IoT at Microsoft Corp. added, "Enterprises are looking for offerings backed by deep expertise as they adopt IoT. Electric Imp has many real-world, large scale industrial-grade IoT deployments. We’re excited that Electric Imp now integrates with Azure IoT Hub – our industrial strength, hyperscale IoT cloud gateway, providing our mutual customers with a commercial-grade combined offering."
To learn more about Electric Imp’s integration for Microsoft Azure IoT Hub, visit https://electricimp.com/microsoft.
To learn more about the Electric Imp’s IoT Platform, visit https://electricimp.com.