Cumulus Networks Reinvents Network Visibility For Today’s Modern Data Centers with NetQ 2.0April 23, 2019
Cumulus Networks today announced version 2.0 of NetQ, a highly scalable modern network operations toolset delivering real-time actionable insights and operational intelligence about the health of data center networks – from the container, virtual machine, or host, all the way to the switch and port. As the next level of visibility into Cumulus Linux, NetQ provides fabric-wide visibility, full lifecycle management, closed-loop automation and is one step closer along the journey to intent-based networking. With a new graphical user interface (GUI), preventative validation and open API integrations, network operators can easily build open, scalable infrastructure, troubleshoot, and achieve clear network visibility – reducing costly business disruptions.
Combined with the threat of network outages, the widespread adoption of microservices, containers and virtual machines has added a new layer of complexity in the data center, resulting in a strain on traditional networks and the need for operational simplicity within the data center. In order to ensure the data center network is behaving as intended, obtaining a holistic view of the network is critical. While existing tools only scan infrastructure every 15 minutes, NetQ takes an always-on approach using a scalable data ingestion engine with real-time collection and processing of the data, without burdening the network. NetQ performs three primary functions:
- Data collection via real-time and historical telemetry and network state information
- Data analytics leveraging robust algorithms
Data visualization through a rich GUI
for actionable insights
NetQ, network operations change from a manual, reactive, box-by-box approach to
an automated, informed and agile one greatly reducing network downtime and
freeing up network operators time.
are increasingly viewing infrastructure as a strategic resource to their
business, and having a direct view across the network enables teams to prevent
outages achieving an even greater ROI from their data center,” said Josh
Leslie, CEO of Cumulus Networks. “NetQ is built for the modern, automated cloud
network and gives network operators the comfort to identify, embrace, and
simply operationalize data center networking.”
on Cumulus Linux switches and other Linux devices – such as Ubuntu, Red Hat,
and CentOS hosts – NetQ captures real-time telemetry and network state
information, providing cloud architects and network operations teams the
ability to process and visualize data to operate with a complete understanding
of the status and performance of their network.
An essential tool for any network operator, NetQ 2.0 features and capabilities include:
- New graphic user interface (GUI) and command-line user interface (CLI) to simplify operations and increase efficiency.
- Cloud-scale architecture that offers massive horizontal scaling, which parallels the largest cloud companies.
- Real-time telemetry to drastically reduce time and effort required to find and resolve network issues.
- Deep analytics with L1-L3 insights, including a network overlay view for actionable insights that provide visibility into and intelligence about the health of the network.
- Any-Linux data aggregation delivers more real-time and historical data than any other operations tool set with a view that extends from the container, virtual machine, or host, all the way to the switch and port.
- Rest APIs for extraction to a wide variety of third-party tools for development of desired integrations, offering unparalleled flexibility.
- Diagnostic troubleshooting with validation, trace and proactive alerting.
- Kubernetes deployment monitoring providing impact analysis and complete end-to-end visibility.