CrowdStrike Accelerates Security Transformation With New Store Partner Integrations from Rapid7, Google Cloud, ExtraHop and SiemplifyMay 26, 2021
CrowdStrike announced it is launching new partner applications in the CrowdStrike Store and the availability of the CrowdStrike Store in the European Union (EU) Cloud for customers to discover and buy security and IT applications. Additionally, the company is announcing the release of a new survey report which unpacks the current state of IT security.
The global IT security survey, commissioned by CrowdStrike, aims to better understand the complexities that IT security teams face when implementing a mature security strategy that includes disparate solutions. The report was independently conducted by Vanson Bourne, and surveyed 900 senior IT decision-makers and IT security professionals globally and across all industry sectors. It unveiled the need for organizations to transform their security stacks to create greater simplicity and strengthen efficacy to stop breaches, revealing that 92% of respondents say their organizations have faced operational challenges due to the implementation of IT security projects and that 71% of respondents said that integration complexity between technology and security stacks requires improvement. Other key findings include:
- 44% believe one of their top three biggest issues when purchasing new IT security solutions for their organization is supporting existing solutions with interoperability
- Over half of respondents (54%) feel that their organization experiences a performance impact when implementing IT security in their organization
- 64% of respondents report their organization needs to have IT security specialists in order to use their IT security solutions
- 82% admit that their organization’s IT security would be more effective if all of their security solutions shared the same aggregated pool of data
“This research confirms how enterprises are struggling with the complexity surrounding the implementation of a comprehensive security strategy,” said Andy Horwitz, vice president of Technology Alliances and the CrowdStrike Store. “The CrowdStrike Store was built to extend the power of the CrowdStrike Falcon platform through a curated and diverse partner ecosystem that provides instant interoperability with a variety of technologies to strengthen our customers’ security posture with the click of a button.”
The CrowdStrike Store helps combat the challenges outlined in the survey findings by delivering customers a unified Security Cloud ecosystem of trusted third-party applications and add-ons alongside the Falcon platform. It provides organizations the benefits of agent consolidation while delivering a rich choice of vendor technologies managed by a single cloud platform. The integrations leverage CrowdStrike Falcon’s vast telemetry, which processes over five trillion endpoint and workload-related events a day, and empowers security operations teams to modernize their security stacks with unparalleled agility across interoperable solutions.
The latest additions to the CrowdStrike Store deliver customers Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response (SOAR), Network Detection and Response (NDR) and Threat Intelligence integrations. Enterprises can use these integrations to optimize their existing investments, gain value faster with more efficacy, and work to unify their overall security stack – all while improving business productivity. The new integrations include:
- Rapid7’s InsightIDR (SIEM) leverages insights from Rapid7’s global services and threat intelligence network and the Falcon platform’s enriched telemetry, to unlock immediate endpoint and workload visibility alongside user, network, cloud and other security data for complete coverage of modern hybrid environments.
- Siemplify’s Security Operation Platform (SOAR) provides an intuitive, holistic workbench that makes security operations smarter, more efficient and more effective by combining workflow capabilities with the Falcon platform to deliver case management and accelerated investigation for improved security operations center (SOC) performance.
- ExtraHop Reveal(x) 360 (NDR)uses threat intelligence telemetry from Falcon to enrich and contextualize its AI-based behavioral detections with known indicators of compromise (IOCs), enhancing the accuracy of real-time threat alerts and further accelerating investigation and response across hybrid and multicloud environments.
- VirusTotal’s context enriched threat intelligence integrates with CrowdStrike Falcon, allowing cybersecurity teams to quickly search for and identify files or URLs that are relevant to an investigation to uncover previously unknown threats. VirusTotal enhances the Detections within the Falcon console, enabling customers to more effectively track adversaries and generate detection rules that can eliminate blind spots in their footprint.
Additionally, the CrowdStrike Store is now available in the EU Cloud. Organizations now have a validated ecosystem of cybersecurity solutions where they can discover, try and buy curated partner and CrowdStrike applications.