Cloud Standards Customer Council Publishes API Management Reference ArchitectureMarch 29, 2017
The Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC) has published a new whitepaper, Cloud Customer Architecture for API Management, that describes the architecture elements and capabilities of an effective API Management Platform. The architectural capabilities described in the document can be used to instantiate an API runtime and management environment using private, public or hybrid cloud deployment models. The new reference architecture is available for download here: http://www.cloud-council.org/deliverables/cloud-customer-architecture-for-api-management.htm
An Application Programming Interface or "API" is useful because it exposes a business’ defined assets, data, or services for public consumption. APIs allow companies to open up data and services to external third party developers, business partners, and internal departments within their organization to create innovative channel applications. The reuse of core business assets enables digital transformation. An effective API management Platform will provide a layer of controlled and secure self-service access to the APIs.
The Cloud Customer Architecture for API Management addresses:
- The value proposition of adopting a long-term API strategy
- The considerations for selecting a solid API Management Platform
- The comprehensive lifecycle approach to creating, running, managing and securing APIs
- The multiple personas and stakeholders in API Management and their roles
- The architectural components and capabilities that make up a superior API Management Platform
- Runtime characteristics and deployment considerations
The CSCC will host a complimentary webinar on Tuesday, April 4 from 11:00am – 12:00pm ET to introduce the paper. Additional information and a link to register is posted to http://www.cloud-council.org/events.htm.