Cloud Standards Customer Council Announces Version 3.0 of Practical Guide to Cloud ComputingDecember 5, 2017
The Cloud Standards Customer Council (CSCC), an end user advocacy group dedicated to accelerating cloud’s successful adoption, today published version 3.0 of its seminal deliverable, the Practical Guide to Cloud Computing. The Practical Guide to Cloud Computing was the first deliverable published by the CSCC in 2011. It is aimed at helping technology and business leaders adopt cloud computing to solve business challenges. Version 3.0 of the guide is available for download at http://www.cloud-council.org/deliverables/practical-guide-to-cloud-computing.htm.
More than two dozen CSCC members contributed their expertise, best practices, and lessons learned to write this guide and successive version updates. "There’s been so many exciting new offerings and capabilities in the cloud computing industry in the past several years and the team has been hard at work to incorporate their insights and expertise in the latest update of this foundational guide," said William Van Order, Lockheed Martin fellow and lead on the CSCC Steering Committee.
The heart of the guide is a 10-step "Roadmap for Cloud Computing" outlining the keys to successful cloud computing migration and deployment. All sections of the guide have been updated to reflect the evolution and maturity of the cloud computing market from both technical and business aspects. The ten steps include:
- Assemble your Team for Cloud Adoption
- Develop a Business Case and Enterprise Cloud Strategy
- Select Cloud Deployment Model(s)
- Select Cloud Service Model(s)
- Determine Who Will Develop, Test, Deploy and Maintain the Cloud Services
- Develop Governance Policies and Service Agreements
- Assess and Resolve Security, Privacy and Data Residency Issues
- Integrate with Existing Enterprise Systems
- Develop a Proof-of-Concept before Moving to Production
- Manage the Cloud Environment
The authors will host a complimentary webinar on December 19, 2017 from 11:00am – 12:00pm ET to introduce the guide. Event details are posted on the CSCC website at http://www.cloud-council.org/webinars/practical-guide-to-cloud-computing-v3.htm.