Axcient Announces New Version of Industry-Leading Business Recovery Cloud PlatformMarch 21, 2017
Axcient announced several enhancements to its Business Recovery Cloud platform, including a refresh of hardware appliances, expanded support for protecting heterogeneous environments and several performance and UI updates. These enhancements come in response to the growing demands of small and midsize businesses (SMBs) for simpler, more powerful and cost-effective solutions for business continuity and disaster recovery.
"Every day, our channel partners protect thousands of SMBs with Axcient," said Todd Scallan, chief product officer at Axcient. "Today’s announcement demonstrates Axcient’s ongoing commitment to its partners. The latest version of the Axcient platform enables our partners to deliver better service to their clients with improved capabilities for the protection and recovery of data and systems, continuity of business operations, and management of the Axcient service."
Refresh of Hardware Appliances
Axcient has refreshed its line of hardware appliances to support the increasing performance and scalability demands of growing businesses. The hardware appliances are based on HPE Gen9 Servers, and feature new processors with more compute capacity to improve ingest, protection and failover performance for protecting production environments.
Expanded Support and Efficiency Features for Heterogeneous IT Environments
The new version of the Axcient platform expands the coverage of support for protecting heterogeneous IT environments as well as new efficiency features for Windows-based environments.
- Support for virtualized environments running VMware ESXi 6.0 and 6.5
- Support for systems running Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016
- Application-aware snapshots and granular recovery for Exchange 2016 and SQL Server 2016
- Support for systems running Windows data deduplication
New Performance and UI Enhancements
In addition to the appliance refresh and expanded support, Axcient has also added several new performance and UI enhancements.
- Increased capacity of compute infrastructure in the Axcient Cloud to accommodate growth in customers, number of servers protected per customer, and size of servers protected
- Optimized resource allocation to enable faster failovers on the local appliance
- More user-facing options for tuning performance of VMs running on the local appliance, including ability to specify number of cores for each VM and to change memory and core allocations on VMs that are already running
- Improved data retention algorithm to optimize performance for larger protection and recovery workloads
- New Bare Metal Recovery (BMR) feature (beta), which offers a modern and intuitive UI, faster recovery, and new options that give users more flexibility for configuring target devices
- New progress feedback on the local appliance UI, which provides more insight into granular file recovery
- Enhanced search and improved handling of attachments and deleted objects for Exchange and SQL Server to streamline granular recovery operations
- New appliance uptime indicator to aid in planning periodic maintenance intervals
- New feature for selectively pruning backup data, offering more flexibility when managing storage utilization