Actiphy Inc., Releases ActiveImage Protector 2022 Backup and Recovery Solution Featuring Direct-To-Cloud Backup and In-Cloud RecoveryNovember 15, 2021
Actiphy announced the release of ActiveImage Protector 2022 featuring direct-to-cloud backup, in-cloud recovery, and a new agentless and agent-based hybrid licensing option.
This new version can now backup and restore directly to and from public cloud services and SFTP servers. With new In-Cloud Recovery, any backup image can be restored as VMs in the cloud environment. New LTO Tape Support provides high speed backup of bulk data to high capacity tape storage solutions to ensure long-term archival stability. Point-in-time file and folder backup, a frequently requested feature, has been included in this release.
- Direct-To-Cloud Backup – Backup systems directly to cloud storage. Supported public cloud storage services include Amazon S3 and Azure as backup destinations. In addition, Direct-To-Cloud Backup also supports SFTP servers as backup destinations.
- In-Cloud Recovery – Any backup image can be restored directly to a virtual machine within the same cloud environment. In-Cloud Recovery offers an easy system migration of on-premise virtual or physical machines directly to cloud environments.
- Actiphy Portal Service (APS) – A powerful new on-line monitoring portal designed for Managed Service Providers (MSP), distributors and resellers. APS provides monitoring ActiveImage Protector (AIP) clients, collecting backup logs and generating reports of AIP clients’ task status.
- LTO Tape Support – Support for LTO as a backup destination. Backup data saved on tape can be physically isolated from ransomware attacks and ensures long-term archival stability.
- File Backup – A new file backup option providing granular point-in-time backup and restore of specific files and folders.
- RescueBoot – Adds an optional boot recovery environment to the system boot menu.
- Disk-To-Disk Copy – A new disk-to-disk copy option that supports virtual disks, physical disks, and volumes, for a complete sector by sector copy.
- Offline Environment Activation Support – With Actiphy Authentication Service (AAS) or a license file, ActiveImage Protector agents can be activated in an off-line environment.
- iSCSI Target Server – Utilize iSCSI targets and NFS exports to emulate backup images as virtual disk files for flexible and immediate recovery or migration.
- Subscription License – Annual, three-year, five-year subscription and perpetual licenses are now available.
- Hybrid Licensing for Server Edition – Selectable Agent-based or Agentless Backup licensing is now available for server edition.
- Additional Linux Distributions Support – ActiveImage Protector Linux edition now supports Ubuntu 18.04 LTS and 20.04 LTS, Debian 9/10/11, RedHat 8.4, Rocky Linux 8, Alma Linux 8 and Amazon Linux 2.
ActiveImage Protector 2022 is a backup and recovery solution that protects physical and virtual, Windows and Linux environments. The AIP solution includes all the tools necessary for enterprise level deployment and management of backup, recovery, standby switch-over, and migration.