A Closer Look at Cloud-based Testing with SoastaJuly 19, 2011
One of the themes many of us commentators harp on about is the fact that barriers to entry for application developers have never been lower – the availability of cloud hosting, agile development methodologies, even this crazy frothy investment cycle we’re in all combine to see lots of applications being created…
One of the flip sides of al this app development is the corresponding drag on testing – that horrible stage that no one really likes, but everyone needs to do. One player looking to aid in that stage of the process is Soasta (rhymes with toaster!)
Soasta bills themselves as the "cloud testing pioneer", providing Web testing services to test performance, scalability and reliability of both websites and Web applications by simulating traffic spikes for both testing and production applications. CloudTest has a number of different offerings including;
- CloudTest Mobile for mobile application performance testing
- CloudTest Enterprise integrated internal and external testing with clouds such as Amazon EC2, IBM, Microsoft Azure and Rackspace.
- CloudTest Professional (Pro) more control and scale than the enterprise product
- CloudTest Standard an internal testing tool
- CloudTest On-Demand a full product+service offerings for organizations with no testing team themselves.
- Testing of web and mobile applications, including applications using HTML5 to REST Web services
- Test building with visual test creation tools
- Integration of application, system, and
- Analysis of results in real-time through a dashboard
- Upgrade path to a more scalable CloudTest edition
In demos the CloudTest product had a simple and intuitive test builder functionality that makes it easier for a testing team to spend less time designing tests, and more time running them – and that’s never a bad thing. App testing has never been more important – with this new freemium offering, Soasta is hoping it will gain more customers for its suite of testing products.